MAD Mumblings MAD Mumblings
Extending MAD Magazine's presence on the World Wide Web.

Home :: Forum :: Gallery :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register

Calexit leader drops California secession moves to Russia
Posted: MinervaDoe @ Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:40 pm
Calexit leader drops California secession effort to make Russia his ‘new home’

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/04/18/calexit-leader-drops-california-secession-effort-to-make-russia-his-new-home.html

Quote:
The man behind the Calexit movement, which pushed for California to secede from the union, is now distancing himself from the controversial effort and said he will stay in Russia.

Louis Marinelli, who helped launch the movement to make California an independent state, said that he “intends to make Russia” his “new home.” As a result, he is withdrawing his petition for a “Calexit” referendum.

Quote:
Marinelli has said in the past that in Russia he has found a new happiness, a life without the albatross of frustration and resentment towards ones’ homeland.”

The activist said in a statement he does not intend to return to California in the foreseeable future and therefore feels it’s only right for him to withdraw the Calexit petition.

“As I have stated in the past, I do not wish to live under the American flag,” Marinelli said in a statement posted on Yes California’s webpage. “I do not wish to live under the American political system or within the American economic system.”

Comments: 0 :: View Comments (Post your comment)

Choose Your Poison
» Home
» Forum
» Memberlist
» FAQ
» Search

Welcome Guest

The time now is Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:36 am