MAD Mumblings MAD Mumblings
Extending MAD Magazine's presence on the World Wide Web.

Home :: Forum :: Gallery :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register

This page is being tweaked slowly by a very distracted person. Be patient.
Featured Forums

[ UGOI Features and Interviews ]

January 2nd - new logo, comment here

December 13th - I updated the logo for Christmas. I will be getting a new Wacom pad soon, so there will be more daring logos in the coming months. -- webcrawler

How Evil Is Tech?
Posted: MinervaDoe @ Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:45 am
How Evil Is Tech?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/20/opinion/how-evil-is-tech.html

There are three main critiques of big tech.

The first is that it is destroying the young. Social media promises an end to loneliness but actually produces an increase in solitude and an intense awareness of social exclusion. Texting and other technologies give you more control over your social interactions but also lead to thinner interactions and less real engagement with the world.

The second cri...

[ Read Full ]
Comments: 0 :: View Comments (Post your comment)

Our Love Affair With Digital Is Over
Posted: MinervaDoe @ Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:17 am
[size=24]Our Love Affair With Digital Is Over[/size
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/18/opinion/sunday/internet-digital-technology-return-to-analog.html
Many of us bought into the fantasy that digital made everything better. We surrendered to this idea, and mistook our dependence for romance, until it was too late.

Today, when my phone is on, I feel anxious and count down the hours to when I am able to turn it off and truly relax. The love affair I once enjoyed with digital technology is ov...

[ Read Full ]

Woman kicked off AIRLINE after 'support PIG misbehaves
Posted: MinervaDoe @ Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:07 pm
Woman kicked off AMERICAN AIRLINES flight after 'support PIG' became rowdy!
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4920381/woman-kicked-off-us-airways-flight-emotional-support-pig-disruptive/

The woman was given her marching orders after her havoc-wreaking hog began walking up and down the aisles. Even attempts to strap it to an arm rest failed to settle the farmyard animal on the flight from Connecticut.

One shocked onlooker said the brown swine looked around five stone as it was tossed over the ...

[ Read Full ]

The Fanny Pack Has Returned.
Posted: MinervaDoe @ Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:26 pm
The Fanny Pack Has Returned. Now Cheer. Or Cringe
The most polarizing bag in history is earning some serious style cred. Just be careful what you call it

It started as a joke. In July of 2014, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, the actor, former pro wrestler and hulk with a heart of gold, posted a self-mocking throwback photo on Instagram. There he was in all of his dated ’90s attire: a Steve Jobsian-black turtleneck, washed jeans and—slung around his waist—a brown leather fanny pack. A fanny pack ...

[ Read Full ]
Comments: 6 :: View Comments (Post your comment)

California economy a measly 37th, behind Michigan and Ohio
Posted: MinervaDoe @ Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:48 am
California economy a measly 37th, behind Michigan and Ohio
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/11/california_economy_a_measly_37th_behind_michigan_and_ohio.html#ixzz4y8PBe3Eb

[U]sing the cost of living adjusted data from the International Monetary Fund and adjusting California's GDP data provides a better snapshot of California's economic standing in the world. Doing so shows that California is actually the 12th largest economy – a drop of 6 spots – and actually puts the state below Me...

[ Read Full ]
Comments: 3 :: View Comments (Post your comment)

Choose Your Poison
» Home
» Forum
» Memberlist
» FAQ
» Search

Welcome Guest

The time now is Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:21 am